Transportation Information for Blue Cliff Monastery
- New York City ▬► Blue Cliff Monastery (BCM)
New York State Thruway/ I-87 N towards Albany to Exit 16 (RT-17/US-6/Harriman) onto Route 17 to Exit 119. Turn right on Route 302 to Pine Bush (about 10 miles). Turn left at traffic light in Pine Bush onto Route 52. Go 5.5 miles through Walker Valley, pass the Blue Cliff Monastery sign, make next left on Grau Road. Grau Rd turns slightly right and becomes Pleasant Valley Rd. and Blue Cliff Monastery is 4/10 of a mile up.
- Albany ▬► BCM
I-87 S/ New York State Thruway S. Take exit 19 toward RT-28/Kingston/Rhinecliff Bridge. Continue straight. Slight right at RT-28 W. Merge onto Clayton “peg Leg” Bates Memorial Hwy/US-209 S via the ramp to Ellenville. Continue to follow US-209 S. Turn left at Canal St/RT-52. Continue to follow RT-52 for about 10 minutes. Look for Blue Cliff Monastery sign and turn right at next street, Grau Rd. Grau Rd turns slightly right and becomes Pleasant Valley Rd. and Blue Cliff Monastery is 4/10 of a mile up.
b y B U S ( to M I D D L E T O W N, N Y )
Short Line Bus: Port Authority Bus Terminal (Manhattan) ▬► Middletown, NY Bus Station
www.coachusa.com/shortline/ for schedule information.
b y T R A I N ( to M I D D L E T O W N, N Y )
Port Jervis Line: Penn Station, NY ▬► Middletown, NY Train Station
Service to Middletown, NY is provided by New Jersey Railway from Penn Station. Call 973.275.5555 for schedule information. When you arrive at Penn station, locate the NJ Railway ticket booth (NOT Amtrak). Purchase your ticket to Middletown, NY. When boarding your train at Penn Station, any train going one stop to Secaucus Junction (SEC) is what you want. You must transfer at Secaucus Junction for the train traveling to the Middletown, NY station.
At Secaucaus Junction, be prepared to use your ticket again to enter the station. This is a large station and you will travel a distance to the track for your second train. Once you locate the platform where you will board the train that is headed to Middletown, take the trip to the last stop. For schedule information, visit www.njtransit.com.
T A X I : M I D D L E T O W N , N Y ▬► B L U E C L I F F M O N A S T E R Y
Please contact Pine Bush Taxi (845.283.8294) one day in advance for reservations. The cost is $15 each way. NOTE: Syndicate Taxi, the local taxi service from Middletown, is more expensive for trips out to Pine Bush.
G R O U N D T R A N S P O R T F R O M T H E A I R P O R T S
Stewart International Airport (Newburgh, NY), please contact Visconti Ground Transport Tel: 845-567-3560. Please make your reservation 4-7 days in advance and give them our address as follow:Blue Cliff Monastery 3 Mindfulness Road (used to be 3 Hotel Road)Pine Bush, NY 12566
- John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK) & LaGuardia International Airport (LGA), NYC – 2 OPTIONS:
(1) BY BUS: Take the New York Airport Express Bus (www.nyairportservice.com) to the Port Authority Bus Terminal (Manhattan). Then take the Short Line Bus (www.coachusa.com/shortline/) to Middletown, NY bus station; or
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), Newark, NJ - 2 OPTIONS:
(1) BY BUS: Take the Newark Liberty Airport Express Bus (www.coachusa.com/olympia) to the Port Authority Bus Terminal (Manhattan). Then take the Short Line Bus (www.coachusa.com/shortline/) to Middletown, NY bus station; or
(2) BY TRAIN: Take either the Air Train (www.airtrainnewark.com) or the Newark Liberty Airport Express Bus (www.coachusa.com/olympia) to Penn Station (Manhattan). Then take the Port Jervis Line (www.nyairportservice.com) to Middletown, NY train station.
IF YOU WANT TO AVOID TRAVEL THROUGH MANHATTAN: From the airport, inquire about limousine (minivan) services directly to the Middletown, NY bus/train station.